Lifestream Bowelbiotics+ Advanced Probiotics is a unique 14 strain probiotic supplement, expertly formulated to help the digestive and immune systems, which are closely linked to optimum health and well-being.
POWERFUL PROBIOTICS STRAINS
Your gastrointestinal tract contains more than 500 different strains of bacteria, living in different places and performing different functions. The 14 separate strains of good bacteria present in Lifestream Bowelbiotics+ Advanced Probiotics help to support and benefit these different areas within the gastrointestinal tract. When in their effective colonisation sites in the gut, these active probiotics help support the immune and digestive systems and promote healthy intestinal function and elimination. It is of fundamental importance that we have an adequate level of these probiotic bacteria in our bodies at all times.
Today’s lifestyle of stress and poor nutrition can severely compromise the natural balance of essential microflora in the gut. Topping up these bacteria is a natural way to help keep your digestive and immune systems functioning correctly. The complete formula in Lifestream Bowelbiotics+ Advanced Probiotics helps balance and maintain optimum microflora with 14 strains covering five of the main genus types: Lactobacillus, Lactococcus, Bifidobacterium, Streptococcus and Bacillus
WHAT MAKES LIFESTREAM ADVANCED PROBIOTICS A GOOD PROBIOTIC SUPPLEMENT?
- Multi-strain; containing 14 powerful strains of beneficial bacteria
- Guaranteed 2 billion beneficial microorganisms per capsule throughout the entire shelf life
- Probiotics need to have live beneficial bacteria present in large numbers to be able to exert a beneficial effect – our product shows the stability of the probiotics throughout the shelf life of the product. Most probiotic capsules are only stable at the beginning of the shelf life (as stated on such labels ‘at time of manufacture’)
- The Probiotics are micro-encapsulated to ensure survivability through the low pH (acid conditions) of the stomach
- Ideally, Probiotics should be kept at room temperature (under 25°C), out of direct sunlight, and do not need to be refrigerated. A freeze-drying process during the fermentation of the probiotic bacteria affords these convenient storage conditions
- Lifestream Bowelbiotics+ Advanced Probiotics is formulated in the UK by a team of experts and tested independently by accredited microbiological and analytical laboratories
WHY TAKE PROBIOTICS?
If you are eating a perfectly balanced diet, without a lot of processed products, and have a stress-free life, you may not need probiotics as a supplementary aid to maintain your general health and immunity. However, nowadays, in the modern world, we encounter daily stress from our environment and from the foods we eat. In addition, we tend to consume many forms of chemicals such as antacids, antibiotics, food additives, alcohol and other foods and drugs, which lead to a disturbance and reduction in the concentration of beneficial bacteria within our gastrointestinal tract.
By the age of 2 or 3, most children have developed some degree of intestinal balance and a fairly effective immune system. However, as we age, environmental and nutritional factors very often disturb this balance and create the need for probiotic supplementation. The result is Dysbiosis, a disruption of the microflora and an increased susceptibility to potentially pathogenic bacteria. Dysbiosis may be caused when we are subjected to stressors such as:
- Antibiotic therapy, anti-inflammatory steroids or chemotherapy
- Changes in food and water normally associated with travel
- Hormonal fluctuations around puberty, during menstruation, pregnancy, post-natally or during the menopause
- Immunological compromise
- Unhealthy diet
- Stress/modern lifestyle
- Infections or illness
- Malabsorption or inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, diverticulitis
How to Use
Adults: Take 1 – 2 capsules once or twice daily with food.
Children 6-12 yrs: Take half the adult dose.
If you are taking antibiotics: Take four capsules daily, ideally at a different time of day from the antibiotics. Continue taking for at least 2 weeks after completion of the antibiotic course.